Company: IRET Properties
Posted on: March 22, 2019
MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN (LAKESIDE VILLAGE - LINCOLN, NE)
(2) Weeks PTO in 1St year
9 Paid Holidays
20% Rent Discount for IRET rents
Volunteer Time Off each Quarter
Medical/Dental Benefits - 1St of Month after 60 days
401k match up to 5% - After 6 months
Come join our growing team!
As a Maintenance Technician, you're primarily responsible for
assisting in overseeing the physical assets, general maintenance
repairs, apartment make-readies, and preventive maintenance
projects for the property.
About IRET: IRET was founded in Minot, North Dakota, in 1970. You
can find our corporate offices located in Minneapolis, Minnesota
and in Minot North Dakota, along with onsite operations in eight
states. From Denver, CO to Minneapolis, MN to Topeka, KS, our
company continues to grow throughout the Midwest, proudly providing
apartment homes to thousands of residents, extending our vision to
be the premier provider of apartment homes in vibrant communities
by focusing on integrity and serving others. IRET is built around
our employees. Our Mission and Vision unites our employees as one
Responsible for minor and major repairs of mechanical or aesthetic
issues; general building preventative maintenance; maintaining the
environmental conditions of spaces; maintaining accurate levels of
inventory related to the building's mechanical systems; know and
perform individual emergency procedures and duties as dictated by
the site emergency procedure manual.
Requires very little daily supervision. Self-directed and
self-motivated once trained on routine duties. Requires personal
initiative and mechanical ability. Able to follow instructions,
prioritize duties, and comply with deadlines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other
duties may be assigned.
* Complete minor and major repairs of mechanical or aesthetic
issues to ensure the property is optimally functional, presentable,
* Perform minor and major HVAC maintenance, such as replacing
motors and bearings.
* Change light bulbs, service flush valves, clean mechanical rooms,
and plunge toilets.
* Paint and/or wallpaper assigned areas and perform minor repairs
to applicable areas.
* Perform minor carpet repairs.
* Demonstrate proficiency and respond appropriately to the building
automation and security (including card access if applicable),
fire, life, and safety systems.
* Select and monitor service providers to ensure services delivered
are the most effective and efficient for the property.
* Perform general building preventative maintenance to ensure
equipment is safe and effective for use, and down time with
equipment meets or exceeds established specifications.
* Service and monitor the HVAC equipment.
* Maintain the environmental conditions of spaces to ensure the
tenant and common space environments are acceptable for optimum
* Perform preventative maintenance on:
o Doors, locks, and hardware
o Wall treatments
* Provide assistance to the Community Manager to ensure that tenant
improvements are accurate and address concerns with appropriate
contact, such as construction or tenant.
* Monitor and maintain tools.
* Perform assigned duties as prescribed in safety manuals.
* Respond to test situations accurately.
* Maintain sufficient technical and industry contacts and
* Participate in after hours on-call programs.
* Assist outside contractors with major inspections.
* Serve as a key contact between community managers, operations
managers, general managers, and tenants.
* Apply current knowledge or devise creative solutions to
proactively resolve issues.
* Utilize any tools and/or processes implemented by the
organization to assure adherence to quality standards.
* Participate in capital improvements.
* Maintain operating logs and record temperatures, pressures, and
chemical level of heavy equipment such as chillers and boilers.
* Complete reports and perform various administrative duties to
positively support completion of activities and projects.
* Maintain accurate levels of inventory related to the building's
mechanical systems to ensure optimum levels of inventory are on
hand and readily accessible when needed.
* Purchase parts and supplies from vendors; review pricing for
competitive rates for parts, services, and supplies.
* Stock items when received.
* Clean up vacant areas.
* Remove debris from the building and grounds.
* Know and perform individual emergency procedures and duties as
dictated by the site emergency procedure manual and the safety
manual to ensure that actions promote the safety and security of
the employees, occupants, and structures, and correct actions are
demonstrated in test situations and actual emergencies.
* Promptly respond to all emergency situations, fire alarms, and
* Study and know the site-specific emergency manual(s).
* Assist tenant and emergency personnel in swift and careful
evacuations when appropriate.
* Communicates regularly with management, vendors, equipment
repair, maintenance, and tenants for day-to-day operational
* Participate in continuous improvement/quality initiatives and
identify improvements to, and/or develop new, products, services,
or processes to result in the discovery of more efficient and
effective methods and/or new offerings.
* May assist with grounds-keeping duties such as mowing, weed
control, tree/shrub trimming, depending on the property and
* May be responsible for snow removal such as shoveling snow and
de-icing walkways, etc, depending on the property and need.
* Assist and/or back up coworkers.
Back up for this position is provided by other maintenance staff or
third party vendors.
May have a company credit card with up to a $1500 limit, this
varies by location and/or property.
Schedules will be determined by supervisor based on property needs.
May be required to work after regularly scheduled hours, or days,
based on property needs such as completing turnovers or filling in
for other co-workers. May also be required to take after hour
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
If expected to carry a mobile phone, eligible for a monthly
reimbursement or IRET issued phone, according to company policy.
May have access to a shared company vehicle. Eligible for mileage
reimbursement, according to company policy, when no IRET owned
vehicle is available.
Encouraged to belong to and/or serve on committees of local service
clubs, charitable giving programs, merchant associations, Chamber
of Commerce, or other business networking groups. Encouraged to
participate in service projects, and to establish and maintain
contacts within the community to promote IRET.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should demonstrate
the following competencies:
* Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures,
determines appropriate action beyond guidelines, reports
potentially unsafe conditions, uses equipment and materials
properly. Wear back support belt during work hours when needed, and
use safety equipment (goggles, mask, gloves, etc.) as tasks
* Customer Service Orientation - When dealing with internal or
external customers - Manages difficult or emotional situations,
responds promptly to customer needs or requests, uses customer
feedback to improve service, follow through on requests for service
and assistance, meets commitments.
IRET is an EEO Employer/Vet/Disabled
Keywords: IRET Properties, Grand Island , Maintenance Technician, Professions , Lincoln, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!