Backup Accounting Coordinator - Part Time
Company: Hy-Vee Food Stores
Posted on: November 13, 2019
Job Title: Backup Store Accounting Coordinator FLSA:
Non-ExemptDepartment: Grocery Revision Date: 05/2013General
Function: Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service.
Responsible for store accounting including posting sales, scans
checks for back office conversion, cash accountability (completes
deposit and balances system), accounts/expense payable, accounts
receivable, and some inventory procedures. Backs up Lead Store
Accounting Coordinator as necessary.Reporting Relations:Accountable
and Reports to: Store Director; Assistant Director; Store
Operations, Perishables, Health Wellness Home; Managers of Store
Operations, Perishables, Health Wellness Home; Lead Store
Accounting CoordinatorDirect Reports: NonePrimary Duties and
- Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service by
exhibiting caring, concern and patience in all customer
interactions and treating customers as the most important people in
- Smiles and greets customers in a friendly manner, whether the
encounter takes place in the employee's designated department or
elsewhere in the store.
- Makes an effort to learn customers' names and to address them
by name whenever possible.
- Assists customers by: (examples include) escorting them to the
products they're looking for securing products that are out of
reach loading or unloading heavy items making note of and passing
along customer suggestions or requests performing other tasks in
every way possible to enhance the shopping experience.
- Answers the telephone promptly and provides friendly, helpful
service to customers who call.
- Verifies registers, as needed.
- Counts the safe, gift cards; gathers Western Union and other
utility reports; verifies prior day sales with their computer
- Print necessary reports from each store location servers.
- Scans checks, balances cash and checks, and prepares
- Prepares and reviews check out and cash accountability
- Distributes sales and prints sales ledger.
- Evaluates money needs on a daily basis and keeps appropriate
amounts in safe.
- Reconciles invoices, enters into system, and sends to
- Prepares unpaid invoice report; reconciles Electronic Funds
Transfer (EFT) and store accounts receivable with corporate on a
monthly basis. Completes Third Party reconciliation for pharmacy as
- Reconciles FTD/Teleflora items monthly.
- Maintains strict adherence to department and company guidelines
related to personal hygiene and dress.
- Adheres to company policies and individual store
- Reports to work when scheduled and on time.Secondary Duties and
- Assists in balancing reconciliations monthly to corporate
- Prepares payroll where necessary; pulls time-clock; edits
punches, runs daily report of prior date hours; prepares new
employees, terms, transfers and wage increase information. Sends to
corporate payroll system and prepares checks for employee pick
- Collects bad checks when necessary
- Calls customers with charges 60 days old or older to get
- Prepares invoice report for department managers to
- Assists in other areas of store as needed.
- Performs other job related duties and special projects as
required.Education and Experience:High School or equivalent
experience. Six months or less of similar or related work
experience.Physical Requirements: Must be able to physically
perform light work: exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally
and 10 pounds of force frequently, and 10 pounds of force
constantly to move objects. Visual requirements include vision from
less than 20 inches to more than 20 feet with or without
correction, depth perception, color vision, and field of vision.
Must be able to perform the following physical activities:
Climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, standing,
walking, pulling, lifting, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, and
repetitive motions.Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Worker
Characteristics: Must have the ability to solve practical problems;
variety of variables with limited standardization; interpret
instructions. Must have the ability to do arithmetic calculations
involving fractions, decimals and percentages. Must be able to
file, post, and mail materials; copy data from one record to
another; interview to obtain basic information; guide people and
provide basic direction.Working Conditions:This position is
continually exposed to money for reconciliation purposes. There is
occasional pressure to meet deadlines.Equipment Used to Perform
Job:This position is continually exposed to money for
reconciliation purposes. There is occasional pressure to meet
deadlines.Financial Responsibility:Responsible for all money and
the purchasing of money from the bank.Contacts:Has daily contact
with customers, suppliers/vendors, and the general
public.Confidentiality:Has access to confidential information
including wages, sales, safe code, and money.
Keywords: Hy-Vee Food Stores, Grand Island , Backup Accounting Coordinator - Part Time, Other , Lincoln, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!