Senior Manufacturing Engineer
Company: Eaton Corporation
Location: Grand Island
Posted on: October 10, 2021
Eaton’s Vehicle Group is currently seeking a Senior
Manufacturing Engineer to join our team. This position is
based at our Kearney, Nebraska facility.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every
employee around the world. We create an environment where
creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every
day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your
full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function, you will:
- Identify processes within the manufacturing areas to improve,
using problem solving tools and methodologies.
- Lead cross-functional project teams, documenting cost
- Support manufacturing by participating on teams and assisting
with corrective actions.
- Use data and statistical analysis to support testing and
- Implement improvement ideas that result from project
- Actively participate in Focus Factory team, leading &
supporting activities related to the team’s goals of Safety,
Quality, and Productivity.
- Utilize Management of Change to ensure all systems are reviewed
and updated with all project improvement changes.
- Lead safety initiatives to help ensure compliance with
corporate wide requirements.
- Provide technical leadership in the selection, design,
development, and installation of cost-effective manufacturing
processes and techniques.
- Lead capital projects from initiation phase through
installation & startup, including resource management, machine
purchases, machine runoffs, and operator/maintenance training.
- Complete other duties as needed and assigned
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and
backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as
a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution
- Minimum two (2) years manufacturing engineering
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without
- No relocation is being offered for this role. All
candidates considered must live within 50 miles of the Kearney, NE
facility. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are
exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- Experience with Minitab, SOLIDWORKS or AutoCAD.
- Six Sigma Green Belt certification.
- Previous experience with implementing safety projects, quality
improvement projects and/or Poka-Yoke.
- Previous experience with cost out and lean projects.
- The individual needs to have a positive attitude, good work
ethic and not afraid to challenge the status quo for a good cause
and think out of the box.
- Ability to work efficiently in a hands-on role.
- Needs to be able to work well with people, individually and in
groups, able to handle multiple tasks, detail oriented, able to
work with minimal supervision, have strong math skills, have an
understanding of SPC, have experience in and understand
manufacturing processes, and have computer experience with using
Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for
all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based
upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national
origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected
veteran status, or any other status protected by law.L1
We provide benefits that are industry competitive and focused on
employee well-being. Listed below are programs that are offered
globally, but program availabilities may vary by site.
- Flexible work options to help balance work/life demands (at
participating Eaton sites)
- Healthcare/retirement savings programs
- Competitive compensation packages to reward skills and
- Tuition assistance or financial help for ongoing learning and
- Health, Dental, Vision & Wellness programs
- Donation matching (U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico)
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the
technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical
services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find
one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is
dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with
power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient,
safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the
attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate,
accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to
learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest
challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH NAA North America Auto
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton
facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from
within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Indeed Sponsored Job: IND123-SBengineering
Keywords: Eaton Corporation, Grand Island , Senior Manufacturing Engineer, Other , Grand Island, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!