Eaton’s Vehicle division is currently seeking an Industrial
Engineer to join our team. This position is based at our
Kearney, NE facility.
The Industrial Engineer develops Operator Standard Work
Instructions and identify areas for Continuous Improvement (Safety,
Ergonomics, 5S, Quality, Productivity, and Cost) within the
manufacturing areas assigned and enact sustainable
The Industrial Engineer is a member of the Continuous
Improvement department and reports to the Continuous Improvement
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every
employee around the world. We create an environment where
creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every
day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your
full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Identifies processes within the manufacturing areas to improve,
using Lean and Problem-Solving Methodologies.
- Participate / lead cross functional teams and assist with
corrective actions in safety, ergonomics, quality, production and
new product launch within the plant.
- Uses data to support testing and process changes.
- Actively participates in Focus Factory team, leading &
supporting activities related to the team’s goals of Safety,
Quality, and Productivity
- Become a subject matter expert for area of
- Assists in the day-to-day manufacturing activities by making
determinations regarding the applications of ELSS principles, using
those principles to make improvements in processes.
- Supports and provides guidance to the VSM teams to ensure all
A3 actions / active bursts meet business case needs, have
established plans to meet completion timelines in the business case
and have identified and are monitoring progress of key metrics from
the business case.
- Assures that all current and new processes and equipment are
reviewed during the planning process to ensure employee safety when
implemented. Also assures that all new processes and equipment are
reviewed for compliance with all legal and regulatory
- Assess performance indicators, and take appropriate actions to
ensure schedule, cost and quality goals are met. Support
manufacturing and distribution initiatives to ensure that profit
and strategic plans are met or exceeded.
- Create and update Plant Layout
- Other duties as needed and assigned.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering from an accredited
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in manufacturing
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United
States without out company sponsorship, now or in the future
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering from an accredited
- Lean Manufacturing experience
- Six Sigma Certification
Position Success Criteria:
- Able to work well with people at all levels, individually and
- Able to handle multiple tasks
- Detail oriented, able to work with minimal supervision,
- Have strong math skills
- Have experience in and understand manufacturing processes
- Computer experience with using Microsoft Office, Minitab and
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for
all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based
upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national
origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected
veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We provide benefits that are industry competitive and focused on
employee well-being. Listed below are programs that are offered
globally, but program availabilities may vary by site.
- Flexible work options to help balance work/life demands (at
participating Eaton sites)
- Healthcare/retirement savings programs
- Competitive compensation packages to reward skills and
- Tuition assistance or financial help for ongoing learning and
- Health, Dental, Vision & Wellness programs
- Donation matching (U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico)
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the
technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical
services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find
one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is
dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with
power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient,
safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the
attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate,
accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to
learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest
challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH NAA North America Auto
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton
facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from
within United States and / or Puerto Rico
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Indeed Sponsored Job: IND123-SBengineering