Fabrication Supervisor, Iowa Premium, Tama, Iowa
Company: National Beef Packing Co., LLC
Location: Grand Island
Posted on: October 7, 2021
Get a job you'll
LOVE! Iowa Premium, a National Beef Company in
Tama, Iowa, is seeking to hire a qualified professional
to join our team as a Fabrication Supervisor. With competitive pay
and benefits, safe and stable work, and an environment that is
caring and supportive, Iowa Premium could become your next career
move! Apply Today!
Job Summary for the Fabrication
Responsible for maintaining high
production, quality, and yields while ensuring the safest working
environment possible. This position requires an essential
understanding and control of the production process, accurate
record keeping, and general line maintenance and staffing.
- Provide leadership and operational direction to a group of
hourly manufacturing associates.
- Oversees fabrication of product according to established
- Ensure that all processing activities are in conformance with
- Balances quality, productivity, safety and morale to achieve
positive results in all areas. Works to continuously improve in all
- Adjusts manning at 'tables' to accommodate different products,
ensures that proper product is being produced according to schedule
and consistently monitors process to ensure that quality and yield
standards are met.
- Conducts inspections, constantly monitors work area for
cleanliness and ensures that product contamination is kept to a
- Ensures effective employee relations. Provides employee
coaching and development. Makes employment decisions. Assures that
all employees follow company policies, procedures and established
- Oversees training/ cross training of assigned staff, appraises
performance and initiates discipline process.
- Accountable for ensuring that all health and safety policies
and regulations are enforced, by issuing disciplinary actions.
Performs accident investigations.
- Verifies labor hours and payroll report accuracy.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
for the Fabrication Supervisor Position:
- Minimum 5 years experience as a supervisor in a food
manufacturing environment. Beef plant experience and bilingual
Spanish and English preferred.
- Experience working with a diverse group of people.
- Ability to maintain high expectations for self and others,
demonstrating a dedication to achievement of results.
- Demonstrated ability to function successfully in a fast paced,
changing work environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the
ability to effectively communicate throughout all levels of the
- Solid problem solving, project management, multi-tasking and
- Detail oriented, organized, reliable and resourceful.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and within a
Iowa Premium, a National Beef Company, is
dedicated to being the premier supplier of premium family
farm-raised corn-fed Black Angus beef. Our employees are key to our
success. Come join our family!
Keywords: National Beef Packing Co., LLC, Grand Island , Fabrication Supervisor, Iowa Premium, Tama, Iowa, Other , Grand Island, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!