Eaton’s Vehicle division is currently seeking a part time
Press Operator to join our team. This position is based at
our Kearney, NE facility and offers flexible work
Eaton offers a salary of $20.00/hour plus a shift
differential for being on 2nd or 3rd shift.
The Press Operator is responsible for promoting safety,
quality, production and 5S. The operator will be
responsible to complete changeovers in a timely manner, change
their own tooling and minor troubleshooting of the press, which
could include the lube system, kickouts, rails, etc. Although this
position would start on an automated forge press, the employee
would be expected to learn additional operations such as manual
valve press, material handler, shear operator, quality control, and
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every
employee around the world. We create an environment where
creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every
day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your
full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Operate automatic and manual Valve forge presses
- Troubleshoot machine malfunctions and performs minor
maintenance on machine
- Communicate with audit/quality control and keep area clean (5S)
- Perform set-up on presses for different valve prints
- Sort valves, gears, and slugs for defects
- Adjust machinery during changeover, punch and dies and identify
- Utilize gauges to check valve/gear specifications
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and
backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as
a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- High School diploma or GED from an accredited institution is
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate
sponsorship now and within the future.
- One or more years of industrial or manufacturing experience is
- Understands Statistical Process Control methods
- Previous knowledge and experience with Blueprints or
- Previous fork truck operation
- Ability to setup machinery and read process sheets
- Visual inspection of cold and hot parts and entering data into
- Position may require daily overtime, 7 days a week and working
- Physical requirements include constantly being on your
feet, using a set of tongs to grab hot valves and perform quality
checks. The employee would be working in extreme heat in the
summer. When operating an automated press the employee will be on
their feet for their shift.
- Some walking required when completing change overs or tooling
- Lifting up to 50 lbs, pushing, pulling when changing tooling.
In addition to the plant wide PPE the operator is required to wear
green tinted glasses, shop coat and gloves.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for
all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based
upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national
origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected
veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the
technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical
services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find
one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is
dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with
power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient,
safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are
confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes
that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable,
efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These
values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the
planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: VEH NAA North America Auto
Job Level: Entry Level
Does this position offer relocation?: No