Company: CNH Industrial
Location: Grand Island
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Through its people and brands, CNH Industrial delivers power,
technology and innovation to farmers, builders and drivers all
around the world. Each of its brands, including Case IH, New
Holland Agriculture, Case and New Holland Construction, FPT
Industrial, Capital, and Aftermarket Solutions, is a major
international force in its specific sector.
The Shop planner will plan, control and coordinate work in the
production departments by analyzing the continuously changing
workload environment in such a manner that the required parts,
materials and equipment will be at the right place, at the right
time, and in the proper quantities, in order to meet production and
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Cooperating with production supervisors to control the flow of
parts, minimize down time and/or incomplete units in inventory, as
well as, other related Shop Planning problems.
- Coordinating, expediting and controlling the activities and
progress associated with the introduction of a new product to the
shop to affect a smooth and timely transition, according to the
production and Shipping schedules.
- Identifying parts and systems problems; analyzing problems and
recommending solutions to prevent recurrences, i.e., submitting
changes to process data, procedures, personnel assignments and
resolutions of order close out problems.
- Participating in process improvement teams that conduct special
studies, prepare reports, submit recommendation for changes and
process & methods improvements and parts to subcontract to
eliminate production bottlenecks or otherwise increase overall
- Coordinating efforts to obtain critical parts; analyzing
problems associated with these parts and suggesting changes to
- Cooperating with other Shop Planners, Manufacturing Engineers,
Supervisors and other employees to coordinate machine loading,
planning, requisitioning, material movement, rework orders,
purchasing, inspection, design changes and other related factors to
reduce or prevent production delays.
- Investigating and analyzing production problems, material
availability and production bottlenecks, and making recommendations
which will lead to correction.
- Monitoring and controlling critical parts to reduce time while
maintaining a smooth and orderly flow of work to other areas.
- Investigating and correcting discrepancies on manufacturing
orders, paperwork and other related factors.
- Monitoring excessive scrap to determine reasons for such excess
and recommending corrective action.
- Assisting and filling-in for other Shop Planners in their
- Accountability for optimal (days of supply objective) inventory
levels, assisting in disposition of excess and obsolete material,
lot sizing (mfg. days of supply), etc.
The qualified candidate will have:
- Bachelor's Degree or high school diploma/GED and 5 or more
years of experience with shop planning or similar functions.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Possess a general understanding of order planning and general
CNH Industrial is an equal opportunity employer. This company
considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability,
or veteran status. Applicants can learn more about their rights by
viewing the federal "EEO is the Law" poster and its supplement
CNH Industrial participates in E-Verify and will provide the
federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that
you are authorized to work in the U.S. You can view additional
If you need reasonable accommodation with the application
process, please call 1-800-889-4422 option 1 and then option 5, or
contact us at email@example.com.
Read about our company's commitment to pay transparency by
clicking this link: pay transparency notice.
Keywords: CNH Industrial, Grand Island , Shop Planner, Other , Grand Island, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!