Supervisor, Region Operations Grand Island, NE
Location: Grand Island
Posted on: February 24, 2021
Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when
technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route
fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver
the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data
to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing
experiences. Learn more about Lumen's network, edge cloud, security
and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to
further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com,
LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, and
YouTube: /lumentechnologies. The Role The Supervisor, Region
Operations responsibilities are to manage technicians in specific
service areas, and to provide quality residential and business
communications services on a profitable basis while adhering to
company policies, procedures and directives. Develop and maintain
an aggressive, knowledgeable, customer-focused team that promotes
and sells Lumen products and services while providing a service
experience that exceeds the customer's expectations The Main
- Manage the daily operation of outside and inside plant network
services and technicians whose work includes the installation and
maintenance of residential, business, central office as well as
design services and splicing activities.
- You will serve as the single point of contact between Lumen and
Contractors to resolve issues arising during the construction
and/or maintenance process.
- This includes a major emphasis on training, coaching and
development of employees with regards to new processes and quality
standards, customer contact, safety, expense control and technical
- Will be responsible for leading a team of technicians who meet
attendance and performance standards.
- Will represent Lumen with customers and governmental
- Collaborates with the union to achieve a win-win working
- Celebrates successes, appropriately uses rewards and
- Motivates team for continuous improvement and achievement of
maximum performance. What We Look For in a Candidate Minimum
- Previous experience managing teams within a telecom technical
environment with typically 4+ years of experience.
- Strong skills and experience in employee development to include
training, coaching and mentoring in a union environment
- Computer skills are required including Excel, email, Word, and
- Working knowledge of installation and maintenance of
residential and business services, Local Network processes, and a
fundamental understanding of services and products offered by Lumen
- Working knowledge of the splicing and construction process for
the telecommunication industry.
- Working knowledge of Contractor relations.
- Candidate must have the ability to work in a consultative
manner with others, i.e. establish rapport, interview, fact-find,
present options, recommend solutions, follow-up and customer
- Previous experience in a multi-tasking, result oriented
position in a deadline focused department.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent education and experience. 5+
years related experience.Preferred Qualifications:
- 2+ years of experience managing teams within a telecom
- 2+ years of experience with installation, maintenance, and
repair of POTS and HSI.
- 2+ years of experience with Excel, email and legacy
- Duty Management work will be scheduled on a rotation basis and
pager duty will be required.
- Requires varying tours and hours including possible mandatory
overtime and holidays.
- Must perform work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to prioritize multiple projects and perform under
- Must negotiate timeframes for completion and meet critical
- Must be willing and able to work with other coworkers to
complete job assignments. What to Expect Next Based on your job
application information you may be given the opportunity to
complete a video interview immediately after applying. This will
include a set of questions for you to record a response to in
addition to Game Challenges. Completion of this video interview is
a requirement in order to be considered for our open position. Now
not a good time? No worries, we will also send you an email with a
link to complete the video interview. We strongly recommend that
you complete this within 5 days of your application
date.Requisition #: 235594EEO Statement
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all
persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national
origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic
characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation,
gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other
legally protected status (collectively, "protected statuses"). We
do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment
decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion,
benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate
the general nature and level of work performed by employees within
this classification. It is not designed to contain or be
interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties,
responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned
to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change
based on changing business needs and conditions.
Keywords: Lumen, Grand Island , Supervisor, Region Operations Grand Island, NE, Other , Grand Island, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!