Dishroom Clerk - Part Time
Company: Hy-Vee Food Stores
Location: Grand Island
Posted on: March 26, 2020
Job Title: Dishroom Clerk FLSA: Non-ExemptDepartment: Hickory
House Revision Date: 05/2018General Function: Keeps dish area clean
and washes daily dishes, utensils and equipment from the Hickory
House and other departments as needed; as well as any special
events held in the store.Reporting Relations:Accountable and
Reports to: Store Director; Assistant Directors; Store Operations,
Perishables, and Health Wellness Home; Food Service Director;
Hickory House Manager; Assistant Hickory House Manager; Assistant
ManagersPositions that Report to you: NonePrimary Duties and
- Reports to work when scheduled and on time.
- Washes dishes and puts them away in proper area.
- Scrubs and hand washes all items unable to go through
- Inspects all dishes for cleanliness.
- Keeps dish area clean, organized and sanitary.
- Ensures all chemicals are filled and containers are properly
disposed of when empty.
- Performs routine cleaning and maintenance procedures involving
care of dishwasher.
- Performs general cleaning of other Hickory House equipment
including but not limited to warming carts, plate carts, floors,
hallways and service carts.Secondary Duties and
Responsibilities:Performs other job related duties and special
projects as required.Education and Experience:High school diploma
or equivalent required. Six months or less of similar or related
work experience required.Physical Requirements:
- Visual requirements include: ability to see detail at near and
far range with or without correction.
- Must be able to perform medium work: lifting no more than 50
pounds, with frequent lifting and carrying of objects of no more
than 25 pounds.
- Must be able to perform the following physical activities:
balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, handling,
fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, and repetitive
motions.Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Worker Characteristics:
- Commitment to the Hy-Vee Mission and a willingness to promote
the values of the company.
- Functional verbal and written communication skills.
- Functional interpersonal skills; ability to relate to and
interact with other people in a friendly, professional manner.
- Ability to identify problems, develop and execute
solutions.Working Conditions:The duties of this position are
performed in a store environment or food service setting. Frequent
temperature extremes could occur from working with ovens, grills,
refrigerators etc.; frequent equipment hazards with knives, slicers
and mixers; exposure to potentially hazardous chemicals/solvents
using bleach and Lime Away cleaning agents; exposure to electrical
shock with plug in appliances; and frequent exposure to dirt and
noise.Equipment Used to Perform Job:Industrial dishwasher,
scrubbing brushes (pads), garbage disposal, knives, mop, broom,
trash compactor, box cutter, box crusher. Other standard tools and
equipment used in a kitchen environment may include: slicers,
Hobart machine, grill, fryer, ovens, rotisserie, label maker and
company vehicle.Financial Responsibility:NoneContacts:Has daily
contact with employees, and general public.
Keywords: Hy-Vee Food Stores, Grand Island , Dishroom Clerk - Part Time, Other , Grand Island, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!