Student Nurse Tech
Company: CHI Health
Location: Grand Island
Posted on: March 10, 2019
Position Type: PRN
Scheduled Hours per 2 week Pay Period: 0
Primary Location: NE > GRAND ISLAND > ST FRANCIS
Your time at work should be fulfilling. Rewarding. Inspiring. That s what you ll find when you join one of our non-profit CHI facilities across the nation. You ll find challenging, rewarding work every day alongside people who have as much compassion as you. Join us and together we ll create healthier, stronger communities. Imagine your career at Catholic Health Initiatives!
This position is responsible for providing nursing care and support to patients under the direction and supervision of the Registered Nurse in a defined care team and in accordance with assigned tasks. An incumbent assumes responsibility, implementation and documentation of the delegated and/or supervised cares of all assigned patients according to established procedures.
1 Provides patient personal care/hygiene and physical comfort within assigned tasks, including feeding, bathing, shaving, changing clothes, bed making, ambulation, lifting, turning, moving, transferring, enemas, skin care and bowel/bladder elimination. Provides such additional care as required to meet the personal primary needs and comfort of assigned patient based on skill, ability, and patient acuity. Prepares patient, equipment and supplies for specific procedures/examinations.
2. Performs, monitors, reports and documents all clinical activities within assigned tasks. Observes and reports changes in patient condition to the RN.
3. Assists nursing staff in the admission, discharge and transfer of patient by performing activities such as inventory/storing patient belongings, providing patient with relevant personal care/comfort items, orienting patient/family and transporting patient to room or other location using wheelchairs, stretchers or patient bed.
4. Provides patient information to nursing staff for inclusion in the interdisciplinary plan of care; documents relevant patient data in accordance with work unit standards.
5. Maintains a neat and organized work environment. Orders, stocks and replenishes supplies and equipment as necessary, identifies and reports problems with supplies or equipment; enters equipment repair request in system, tags equipment and removes from service.
Current enrollment and in good standing as a Junior or Senior level student in accredited Baccalaureate Nursing Program or Senior level student in RN Associate Degree program.
Active state registry as a Nurse Aide (CNA).
BLS or BLS instructor certification required upon hire. Refer to policy Licensed, Certified, and Registered Employees for acceptable life support cards.
- Requisition ID: 2018-R
- Schedule: Part-time
- Shift: Flex Time
- Market: CHI St. Luke's Sugar Land Hospital Associated topics: ambulatory, asn, coronary, intensive care unit, mhb, psychatric, staff nurse, surgical, transitional, unit
Keywords: CHI Health, Grand Island , Student Nurse Tech, Healthcare , Grand Island, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!