Certified Medical Assistant
Company: Bryan Health
Location: Central City
Posted on: September 16, 2023
Responsible for providing paraprofessional medical assistance
services to patients and for assisting physicians/providers and
nurses in patient care. Receives general supervision from a
licensed physician or surgeon (within his/her scope of practice)
that is physically present in the treatment facility during the
performance of assigned duties or procedures. The supervising
physician may provide written instructions to be followed by a
medical assistant in the performance of tasks or supportive
services. Such instructions may provide that a physician's
assistant or registered nurse may assign and supervise tasks
authorized by the physician.
PRINCIPAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Commits to the mission, vision, beliefs and consistently
demonstrates our core values.
- Participates in meetings, committees and lean projects as
- Maintains professional growth and development through seminars,
workshops, and professional affiliations to keep abreast of latest
trends in field of expertise.
- Performs service excellence must-haves to achieve an excellent
- Uses quality improvement processes, programs or outcome to help
improve department operations.
- Coordinates clinic arrangements, including checking equipment
operation; and prepares rooms with appropriate and adequate
supplies and equipment for examination and treatment of
- Conducts patient check-in: review forms and documents for
completion; takes and records history of patient problem; collects
information pertaining to the nature and urgency of the patient
problem; maintains patient flow; and assists in gathering
- Performs health and diet screenings; takes and records vital
signs and other pertinent information. Performs ECGs, peak flows
and various other screening tests such as vision and hearing and
takes samples such as blood and urine.
- Reviews and explains medical procedures.
- Performs a pre-visit chart review for completeness including
areas of chronic disease management i.e. appropriate visits, lab
test, and consultant notes; and assists in coordination of these
tasks per provider protocol.
- Performs a huddle with provider regarding identified questions,
individualized patient care and wellness needs.
- Assists providers and nurses in giving examinations; prepares
patient appropriately for medical procedure; carries out provider
orders within scope of certification and assists in room cleaning
once patient visit is complete.
- Assists in notifying patients of lab and other test results per
provider direction/order; explains tests and other procedures as
needed for adequate patient education.
- Administers and refills medication according to policy and
- Maintains medical ethics and confidentiality; promotes,
acknowledges, and complies with patient's rights.
- Uses various nursing care supplies and equipment such as blood
pressure cuff, audiometer, tonometer, syringes, and Snellen
- Uses proper sterilization procedures.
- Performs other related projects and duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Graduation from an accredited school of Medical Assistant required.
Current Medical Assistant Certification required. Current
Medication Administration Aide Certification from the Nebraska
Department of Health and Human Services or completion of such
certification within 3 months of employment required.
OTHER CREDENTIALS / CERTIFICATIONS:
Basic Life Support (CPR) certification required. Bryan Health
recognizes American Heart Association (for healthcare
professionals), American Red Cross (for healthcare professionals)
and the Military Training Network.
Keywords: Bryan Health, Grand Island , Certified Medical Assistant, Healthcare , Central City, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!