Hospice Case Manager - Registered Nurse
Location: Grand Island
Posted on: June 17, 2022
Caregiving is our Calling
At Amedisys whether we're caring for patients directly or
supporting those who do, each of us is a caregiver at heart. Every
team member contributes to our mission of providing exceptional,
clinically distinct care in the home to thousands of patients and
families every day.
In hospice, you'll be a true advocate for patients at the end of
life while maintaining autonomy and independence to support their
If you're looking for a home with a Nationwide Company where you
can put your skills and experience to work, make a difference every
day and pursue your goals for the future, join our team.
What You Will Do
As a hospice case manager for Amedisys, you will have a special
opportunity to provide, coordinate and direct the provision of
hospice nursing and palliative care to terminally ill patients in
their home. You will closely collaborate with the attending
physician, patients and their families, and other members of the
patient care team to provide and maintain continuity of patient
care to achieve excellent pain and symptom management and high
quality end-of-life care for the patient.
- Performs initial nursing assessment on new admissions and
completed initial plan of care. Coordinates the total Plan of Care
and maintains continuity of patient care by collaborating with
appropriate staff. Revises plan of care as needed. Completes
updated Plan of Care according to state regulation and communicates
changes to attending physician, hospice staff, and contractors
providing patient care.
- Develops, prepares, and maintains individualized patient care
progress records with accuracy, timeliness and according to care
center policies. Records pain/symptom management changes/outcomes
- Works in cooperation with family/caregiver and IDT to meet
emotional needs of the patient/family/caregiver. Teaches patients,
families and caregivers appropriate patient care techniques. Makes
referrals to other hospice care disciplines as needed or documents
rationale for not doing so.
- Regularly communicates with Clinical Manager and protects,
honors and respects patient and coworker confidentiality and right
- Attends care center provided in-service programs to fulfill
requirements of the position and care center policy.
- Keeps abreast of nursing trends and knowledge.
- Performs on-call responsibilities and on-call services to
patients/families as assigned.
- Complies with policies, procedures and regulatory mandates
including but not limited to abiding to the terms of the Amedisys
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Current, unencumbered license to practice as a Registered Nurse
specific to the state(s) the employee is assigned to work/cover for
the company. May possess either a single state license in each
non-compact state and/or a compact license in their state of
residence that is accepted in all Nurse License Compact (NLC)
- Nurse License Compact (NLC) documents the following: The mutual
recognition model of nurse licensure allows a nurse to have one
license (in his or her state of residency) and to practice in other
states (both physical and electronic), subject to each state's
practice law and regulation. Nurses must legally reside in an NLC
state to be eligible to have a multi-state license.
- One (1+) year of experience as a Registered Nurse or eligible
for RN intern program.
- Current CPR certification
- Valid Driver's License and reliable transportation and agency
required liability insurance to complete home visits
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree
- Previous home health or hospice experience
- Certified Hospice and Palliative Nurse (CHPN)
Amedisys is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified employees
and applicants will receive consideration for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital
status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military
status, sexual orientation, genetic predisposition or carrier
status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Benefits and More
Amedisys cares for our team members with the same commitment we
have to our patients. This is reflected in the benefits we provide
and the opportunities we make available to our team. Benefits for
eligible employees include:
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Comprehensive Health Insurance Benefits (medical, dental,
- Health Savings Account, Health Reimbursement Account, and
Flexible Spending Account options
- Life, Disability, and Other Voluntary Benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan with Company Matching
- Discounted Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Continuing Education
- Fleet car for eligible employees
Keywords: Amedisys, Grand Island , Hospice Case Manager - Registered Nurse, Healthcare , Grand Island, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!