Health Market Clerk - Part Time
Company: Hy-Vee Food Stores
Location: Grand Island
Posted on: March 12, 2020
Job Title: HealthMarket Clerk FLSA: Non-ExemptDepartment: Health
Revision Date: 05/2015General Function: Provides prompt, efficient
and friendly customer service. Handles health items and food in a
safe manner and ensures the work area is always clean and neat.
Reviews the status and appearance of the merchandise for
freshness.Reporting Relations:Accountable and Reports to: Store
Director, Managers GM, Perishables, and Store Operations, Assistant
Managers, Health Market Manager, Assistant ManagerPositions that
Report to you: NonePrimary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service by
exhibiting caring, concern and patience in all customer
interactions and treating customers as the most important people in
- Smiles and greets customers in a friendly manner, whether the
encounter takes place in the employee's designated department or
elsewhere in the store.
- Makes an effort to learn customers' names and to address them
by name whenever possible.
- Assists customers by: escorting them to the products they're
looking for securing products that are out of reach loading or
unloading heavy items making note of and passing along customer
suggestions or requests performing other tasks in every way
possible to enhance the shopping experience
- Answers the telephone promptly when called upon, and provides
friendly, helpful service to customers who call including taking
- Works with co-workers as a team to ensure customer satisfaction
and a pleasant work environment.
- Understands and practices proper sanitation procedures and
ensures the work area is always clean and neat.
- Reviews the status and appearance of the merchandise for
- Ensures an adequate product supply is ready and on hand and
develops or follows a production list.
- For the purposes of homeopathic and natural wellness products,
employee will assist customers by accessing/obtaining information
and pointing to the product, however will not provide instruction
on the product or its use.
- Anticipates product needs for the department on a daily
- Checks in product, puts product away, and may review
- Reviews the status and appearance of the food for freshness and
replenishes and rotates product.
- Removes trash in a timely manner.
- Replenishes product as necessary.
- Assists in educating customers by offering suggestions and
answering questions, etc.
- Maintains strict adherence to department and company guidelines
related to personal hygiene and dress.
- Adheres to company policies and individual store
- Reports to work when scheduled and on time.Secondary Duties and
- Orders product and supplies as necessary.
- Prices products for customers as necessary.
- Delivers orders as needed.
- Assists in other areas of store as needed.
- Performs other job-related duties and special projects as
required.Education and Experience:High school diploma or equivalent
preferred; Six months previous related work experience.Physical
- Visual requirements include: ability to see detail at near
range with or without correction, depth perception, color vision
(ability to identify and distinguish color), and field of
- Must be able to physically perform medium work: exerting up to
50 pounds of force occasionally, 20 pounds of force frequently, and
10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Must be able to perform the following physical activities:
balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, standing, walking,
pushing, pulling, lifting, handling, grasping, feeling, talking,
hearing and repetitive motions.Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and
- Commitment to the Hy-Vee Mission and a willingness to promote
the values of the company.
- Must have the ability to carry out detailed but uninvolved
written or verbal instructions; deal with a few concrete
- Ability to do simple addition and subtraction; copying figures,
counting and recording.
- Possess the ability to understand and follow verbal or
demonstrated instructions; write identifying information; request
supplies orally or in writing.Working Conditions:This position is
exposed daily to dirt, noise, temperature extremes, dampness,
vibrations, equipment movement hazards, cleaning
chemicals/solvents, and electrical shock. This is a fast paced work
environment.Equipment Used to Perform Job:Knives, wrapping machine,
cash register, pallet jack, garbage disposal, trash compactor,
cardboard compactor, and calculatorContacts:Deals with customers
and general public on a daily basis.
Keywords: Hy-Vee Food Stores, Grand Island , Health Market Clerk - Part Time, Healthcare , Grand Island, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!