Girmc information technology director
Company: Bryan Health
Location: Grand Island
Posted on: July 8, 2019
The Grand Island Regional Medical Center is a brand new,
full-service acute-care hospital set to open in the summer of 2020.
Services will include maternity care, emergency services, intensive
care, surgery and medical services. This physician-led facility
with sponsorship from Bryan Health and Mary Lanning will have an
adjacent attached medical office building.
The four-story, 175,000 square foot hospital will be a 64 bed
facility and will feature vernacular influenced materials and the
most-current healthcare design. It will help serve as the anchor
point to the new health-centered Prairie Commons development,
located at a key entry point into the city of Grand Island,
Grand Island Regional Medical Center currently has several exciting
opportunities to join our leadership team. Ideal candidates will
possess a positive, team-oriented approach to their work and will
have the rare opportunity to help with the opening of a new
The Information Technology Director is responsible for the
planning, organizing and directing of functions of the
Communication and Information Management Services Department of the
facility. Resolves complex organizational and technological
problems. Oversees the department and the annual budget. Follows
the facility's policies and procedures, local, state and federal
Principle Job Functions:
* Directs the functions of the Communication and Information
Management Services Department including information technology and
* Develops, implements, evaluates information technology programs
based on systems analysis.
* Establishes policies and procedures for the procurement,
installation and support of computers, application systems and
communications and telecommunications systems.
* Develops strategies for the Internet and Intranet.
* Confers with administration and department managers to determine
information technology and communication needs.
* Aligns information technology with the business needs of the
* Keeps current with principles and practices, technology,
regulations and standards that apply to healthcare information
technology and communications.
* Demonstrates knowledge of software, mainframes, mini and micro
computers, communication and telecommunication systems database and
* Thorough knowledge of state-of-the-art information technology
applications used in the healthcare industry.
* Knowledgeable of computer center operations and procedures and
* Oversees all information technology projects; design, plans,
specifications, estimates, clinical informatics, reports and
* Thorough knowledge of HIPAA regulations and other state and
federal privacy and confidentiality of information
* Promotes good staffing practices by maximizing the utilization of
human resources; forecasts and anticipates the personnel needs of
the department with regard to fluctuations in the projected
workload; holds staffing at a functional minimum.
* Consistently demonstrates the ability to establish appropriate
* Presents to the Governing Body and/or its committees periodic
reports reflecting the activities of the Information Management
* Prepares, implements and monitors the department's budget.
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or
related field required.
* Master's Degree preferred
* Three years' experience in data processing, systems analysis,
computer operations and programming, project management and
supervision in a hospital or healthcare
Bryan Health is an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity
Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race,
religion, age, color, sex, national origin, disability, genetics,
marital, disability and/or veteran status. Bryan Health hires and
promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications
for the job to be filled.
Keywords: Bryan Health, Grand Island , Girmc information technology director, Executive , Grand Island, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!