Location: Grand Island
Posted on: November 18, 2021
Our client is a concrete subcontractor looking for a Project
Manager. This is a fast growing company located in Grand Island.
This person will be mainly working on the concrete operation. But
their could be some over sight with their sister company as well.
The entire operation covers the entire state of Nebraska for new
contracts. This opening is predominantly an office job, 90% office
/ 10% field. Description:
- Prepare detailed budgets and estimates at all stages of design
for negotiated and competitively bid projects.
- Prepare bid packages, receive bids from subcontractors and
vendors, and conduct thorough analysis.
- Develop conceptual cost estimates for projects in planning and
then refine as design progresses.
- Document design and cost changes throughout the preconstruction
- Understand and manage the takeoff and pricing strategies and
procedures for all subcontractor trades.
- Identify and analyze value engineering opportunities.
- Capture and organize data and develop working knowledge of unit
costs, production rates and total building square foot costs.
Develop and maintain pre-construction process schedules to
communicate timelines, milestones and effects on the construction
- Prepare professional owner proposals and narratives.
- Visit projects during construction to review actual performance
and compare to assumptions made in the preconstruction process to
enhance future estimate preparation.
- Promote the growth and development of client, designer and
- Performs additional duties as required and assigned.
- Problem-solving to address delays, emergencies or other
- Negotiate contracts with architects, vendors, contractors, and
- Securing of building permits and licenses and delivery of
materials and equipment to construction sites.
- Comply with safety and building codes as well as legal
requirementsSkills:construction, Project management, estimation,
Construction management, CivilTop Skills
Details:constructionAdditional Skills & Qualifications:
- 3-5 years of estimating experience with estimating
- 2-5 years of Project Management experience
- Commercial Construction experience in Concrete of General
Construction experience on projects $100,000-2 million
- Excellent technical skills and understanding of construction
methods, contracts and blueprints
- Bachelors degree in Engineering or CM
- This person must be a self starter and motivated to
grow.Experience Level:Intermediate/Expert Level About Actalent:
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent
solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and
provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every
day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We're
supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that
advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant
care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous
development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an
operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent
solutions. The company is an equal opportunity employer and will
consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color,
religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual
orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any
characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Actalent, Grand Island , Project Manager, Executive , Grand Island, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!