Manufacturing Engineer Manager - Grand Island
Company: Overhead Door Corporation
Location: Grand Island
Posted on: January 28, 2019
This position will provide technical assistance to all manufacturing departments insuring the continuation of safe, economical, quality insured, and lean production operations.
- Provide technical assistance to all manufacturing departments regarding the quality and/or performance of machinery, tooling, fixture, gauges, etc.
- Serve as liaison between production nd engineering departments by developing engineering change notices and process specifications pertaining to manufacturing processes and material specifications.
- Responsible for analyzing, evaluation, and establishing the plant and work-station layouts to insure the most efficient operating conditions.
- Develops and maintains work measurement analysis based on MYM, Most, Time Study, or Ease.
- Recommends and justifies most efficient use of existing production equipment.
- Provide new equipment justification based on labor and material savings. Responsible for the manufacturing process of new and existing products including: ergonomic assessment, productivity improvements, manufacturing ability, and cost improvements.
- Specify and recommend new equipment processes and tooling both during the engineering cycle and post design stages of implementation.
- Travel by airplane and/or drive rental or company automobile to all company facilities, vendors, or seminars and expositions, as needed.
- Perform any assembly operation including material handling and machining operation in order to establish accurate costing standards and to train and instruct hourly associates.
- Assist incoming inspection in the disposition of rejected materials.
- Monitor and make recommendations regarding improvements on equipment, machinery processes, etc.
- Operate a personal computer to compile incentive standards, record storage, and project evaluation.
- Perform other related duties as required
- Experience with capital projects, managing multiple projects, understanding of Bill of Materials and routings along with ergonomic issues throughout the facility.
- Microsoft Word, Excel, and AutoCAD skills.
- Knowledge/experience with Kanban, Kaizen, pull production, manual assembly, consumer product manufacturing, vendor relations preferred.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instruction in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related Engineering discipline.
Keywords: Overhead Door Corporation, Grand Island , Manufacturing Engineer Manager - Grand Island, Engineering , Grand Island, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!