Company: Reefer Systems, Inc.
Location: Grand Island
Posted on: June 18, 2022
Total annual compensation of an experienced Mechanic at MCT is
$80,000 to $102,000.We can provide you with a career path, great
pay, and solid benefits. Are you mechanically inclined? If so, we
are willing to train.About Us:WE BLEED BLUEAt MCT Companies, we
like to say we bleed blue.Bleeding Blue is a dedication and
commitment to our co-workers, customers, and our core values. Our
core values define who we are. They are the underlying framework
for our decisions, interactions, and relationships.We strive for
camaraderie because we are team players, a can-do attitude because
we are problem solvers and doers, doing right by our word because
we believe in honesty, excellence because we believe that expertise
and quality is the key to success, but most importantly, fun
because we cherish the life-long friendships and bonds made at MCT!
Job SummaryInstalls and services Transport Refrigeration Units and
Auxiliary Powered Units in trucks and/or trailers. Conducts
equipment inspections and performs diagnostic tests to determine
unit readiness and/or deficiencies. Performs installs, repairs,
adjustments and replacement of refrigeration components, such as
compressors, engines, coils, and electrical systems. Enhances
service department and organizations reputation by accepting
ownership for accomplishing work that meets and exceeds customer
expectations. Duties and Responsibilities
- Installs new refrigeration units in a timely and proficient
- Determines unit condition by conducting inspections and
diagnostic tests to identify worn and/or damaged parts.
- Conducts repairs and maintains unit records by annotating
- Maintains equipment by completing preventative maintenance
schedules, installing component and parts upgrades, and controlling
- Verifies unit performance by conducting system tests,
troubleshooting and downloads.
- Completes Repair Orders (RO's) and enters data at the time of
- Keeps shop equipment working by following operational
instructions and adheres to OSHA standards.
- Participates in training and educational opportunities provided
by the company: reads technical and regulation publications to
increase job knowledge and demonstrates competencies.
- Accepts responsibility for scheduled on call rotation for 24
hour service calls.
- Maintains equipment appearance by cleaning and washing units.
Keeps shop area organized and work space free of clutter.
- Wears Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as required and is
compliant with Safety procedures.
- Demonstrates ability to work with other team members and learn
from experienced Technicians.
- Performs other duties as requested, directed or assigned by
- Aptitude in a technical and mechanical role and willingness to
learn about Transport Refrigeration Units (TRUs), Auxiliary Powered
Units (APUs) and trailer equipment.
- Capacity to demonstrate technical knowledge of refrigeration
systems, materials, method and tools to perform, prioritize and
- Utilize critical thinking skills, problem solving abilities,
and exercises good judgment when completing tasks in an efficient,
correct and productive manner.
- Must possess a current valid driver's license or commercial
driver's license. Must notify supervisor and discontinue operating
vehicles any time license or permit is revoked or restricted. Allow
only authorized passengers in company vehicles.
- Coordinate tools, resources and equipment to meet deadlines in
a fast paced environment.
- Active listening skills, oral/written comprehension and
commitment to perform quality service.
- Basic computer and data entry skills for Windows based software
programs e.g. Karmak Fusion software a plus. Knowledge of Microsoft
office suite: Outlook, Word helpful.
- Attendance and punctuality are essential job functions.
Employees must arrive to work prior to the scheduled shift start
time, while not taking unscheduled and unauthorized absences as
determined by company and departmental guidelines. BENEFITS:Health,
Dental, company paid Life, STD & LTD, FSA, On Call Pay, Tuition
Reimbursement, On Call Pay, Factory Authorized, In-House Training,
401-K, PTO, Holidays, annual clothing allowance, tool
program.Disclaimer: The requirements and physical demands listed in
this job description are representative of the knowledge, skills,
and or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions.The statements contained in this document are intended to
describe the general nature and level of work being performed by
employees assigned to this classification. It is not intended to be
construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and
skills of personnel so classified. The Company reserves the right
to modify this job description and or assign tasks for the employee
to perform as the Company may deem appropriate.This job description
does not represent a contract of employment, implied or otherwise.
The employment relationship remains "At-Will".MCT is an equal
opportunity employer and does not discriminate on basis of race,
color, national origin, religion, gender, age, disability, marital
status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant
criteria.MCT is an EEO/AAP Employer PI181402703
Keywords: Reefer Systems, Inc., Grand Island , Refrigeration/Diesel/Service Mechanic, Engineering , Grand Island, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!